Traditionally green bean casserole is a Thanksgiving dinner staple; the majority have their version of it side by side with the turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. During the Thanksgiving Holiday this year I decided to try something different in the green bean family, which was to make buttery bacon and onion green beans. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go over, but I was looking forward to enjoying it even if there was a ton of leftovers.
However, I was shocked, the green beans were gone… So, I decided to make them again for you today. I hope you and your family and friends enjoy them as much as I do! I will have the complete list of ingredients and instructions at end of this post.
- 24 oz package of Green Beans
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 TBSP Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pan fry six slices of bacon, once the bacon has finished cooking, remove from the pan.
- Chop one medium size yellow onion into evenly sized pieces.
- Add chopped onions to the pan and sauté in bacon grease until soft and translucent
- Chop the six slices of bacon and add to the pan once the onions are done.
- Add green beans and butter to the pan with the onions and bacon. Cook until they are to your liking and add salt and pepper to taste.